I'm interested in a fireplace insert but not sure of what measurements I need and what type of vent system I would have to use.
Posted by Elite Deals - Chris M. on 28 October 2013 12:44 PM

Our Answer:

The three most common types of fireplace inserts are wood burning, vent free gas burning, and direct vent gas burning inserts. The wood burning inserts most commonly use a 6" flexible liner that would run from the insert through the existing masonry chimney to the termination cap. Direct vent inserts use two 3" aluminum liners that connect to the top of the insert and run through the chimney to a collar plate and termination cap. Lastly, vent free inserts require no venting for a proper installation. In order for us to recommend which insert will fit your fireplace, we need the fireplace opening width and height, as well as the rear width and height. Lastly, the depth of your existing fireplace. If you are looking for a gas insert, please specify your gas type. Fireplace inserts are also designed to be placed in a true brick and mortar masonry fireplace. If you currently have a prefabricated firebox, I would check with the manufacturer to ensure that an insert can be installed into it

From Page: Fireplace Inserts

Page ID: fireplace-inserts

(0 vote(s))
Not helpful