I just bought a wood stove, with a 6 inch hole from the stove, straight up, then angled to the chimney which is 8 inches. Where do I want my reducer? Also, any other suggestions or info I would need to get my piping installed?
Posted by Elite Deals - Chris M. on 28 October 2013 12:47 PM

Our Answer:

It is always best to keep the vent pipe run the same diameter as the flue collar on the stove for as long as possible. As such, 6 inch pipe should be run to the chimney, with the reducer installed at the beginning of the 8 inch diameter vent. Does the chimney utilize an 8 inch thimble? If so, a section of pipe should be attached to the increaser and run through the thimble. The end of the pipe should be flush with the end of the thimble inside the chimney. The space around the pipe can be sealed with mortar or high temperature flue cement.

From Page: Stove Pipe

Page ID: stove-pipe

(0 vote(s))
Not helpful