Is it a minor, medium or major project to move a gas fireplace shut-off valve about two feet closer to the fireplace? How much can I expect to pay to have someone relocate it? Is there a major difference between the new valves that you sell?
Posted by Elite Deals - Chris M. on 24 October 2013 02:44 PM

Our Answer:

Assuming that the current valve is located within a standard sheet rock wall, this would be a medium difficulty project. If the gas piping runs in a fairly straight line towards the fireplace, a plumber could remove the current valve and couple the piping together. The piping could then be cut closer to the fireplace and threaded to receive a new gas valve. The more labor intensive part of the project would be to have the wall patched after it has been cut open to gain access to the piping. Total cost for a project of this size would vary based on your location and any unforeseen issues. Most of our gas valves are similar in construction. The main differences would be if the valve is straight or angled and if the valve is a standard multi-turn or a one quarter turn valve. Your plumber would be able to tell what type of valve would be needed. If the gas line is running horizontally in the wall, a straight valve is most likely needed.

From Section Page: Fireplace Keys and Valves

ID: fireplace-keys-and-valves

(0 vote(s))
Not helpful