Is there a chimney liner/piping that I can install that will work with any stove/insert (regardless of type - wood/pellet/gas/etc)? I would like to do this once and be done for all time.
Posted by Elite Deals - Chris M. on 24 October 2013 02:45 PM

Our Answer:

The type of liner you need will depend on what kind of stove or insert you get. Generally, a 6" stainless steel liner would be needed for a wood stove or insert (installed into an existing brick/masonry fireplace), while a pellet stove would require a 3" or 4" diameter liner. A gas insert (B-vent or direct vent) would require an appropriate size and type of liner depending on the model.

From Section Page: Class A Chimney Pipe

ID: class-a-chimney-pipe

(0 vote(s))
Not helpful