We just bought a house with 2 gas fireplaces that require a key to ignite, but there's no key is in sight! How can we determine what type and size key we need?
Posted by Elite Deals - Chris M. on 24 October 2013 02:45 PM

Our Answer:

The type of key will depend on the gas valve that you have. Does the gas valve have a round, decorative cover with a small hole in the center? If so, this type of valve likely requires a 1/4 inch key. The decorative cover can be unscrewed and removed to allow access to the valve stem for measurement.

From Section Page: Fireplace Keys and Valves

ID: fireplace-keys-and-valves

(0 vote(s))
Not helpful