Do ventless propane fireplaces cause a film on the windows?
Posted by Elite Deals - Chris M. on 24 October 2013 03:48 PM

Our Answer:

Whether or not a vent free appliance will create a film depends largely on the air quality and volume in the home. If the appliance is burned in a humid environment, it can cause a gradual buildup of condensation on the glass which will dry and leave a film. Also, if the appliance is burned in a home with a good amount of dust or pet hair, a fine film can result on windows as well. Generally, these are the only conditions that will cause this issue. Vent free fireplaces that are burned in a large, open area or in a home with good air quality will not cause this issue.

(0 vote(s))
Not helpful