Can this unit be adapted to vent into a normal chimney flue, or does it have to be direct vented? Or are there other units that are specifically for regular chimney flues?
Posted by Elite Deals - Chris M. on 24 October 2013 03:58 PM

Our Answer:

This type of gas fireplace insert is intended specifically for use with a masonry/clay chimney flue. However, the flue must be lined using one of the direct vent liner kits available from Empire. This kit consists of a pair of 3" aluminum liners as well as top and bottom terminations. Standard direct vent fireplaces are not ideally vented through masonry chimneys. They use rigid vent piping which does not offer much adjustability.

(0 vote(s))
Not helpful